CURVE PUBLISHES ANNUAL REVIEW 2015/2016
Curve today has published its 2015/2016 Annual Review, with the new figures showing an increase in audience numbers and turnover, as well as a widening of audiences and engagement.
During the period Chris Stafford took over the role of Chief Executive in October 2015, and Nikolai Foster completed his first full year as Artistic Director. The key achievements during the period included:
- Curve recorded its highest turnover to date of £10.2m, alongside a 28% increase in tickets sold to 251,676.
- 39% of all attendees were visiting Curve for the first time, a 17% increase from 2014/2015.
- Curve’s business model has been significantly changed by ‘Curve on Tour’ enabling Curve to establish itself as a regional theatre with national and international impact. Curve productions on tour sold over 250,000 tickets in 48 cities, including overseas for the first time in Curve’s history, with The Witches playing to over 6,000 people in Hong Kong.
- As well as an addition of 99 seats, the average show attendance increased to 79%.
- Curve was awarded the UK Theatre Award for Promotion for Diversity.
- 400 schools engaged with Curve and the theatre also provided 6 family days, 65 free foyer performances and over 120 low cost workshops and activities.
- Curve produced the first ever 360-degree recording of a theatre production.
Chief Executive Chris Stafford said today, “2015/16 has been a fantastic year for Curve. Not only have we substantially increased income across all areas of our organisation, but over 500,000 people – over double the previous year – have engaged with our work either in one of our theatre spaces or through one of our productions on the road. Curve on Tour has had a major impact on our business and I am thrilled we have been able to expand our reach and take Curve co-productions to 48 cities across the UK and internationally. None of this would be possible without our terrific team, wonderful audiences and the support from Leicester City Council and Arts Council England.”
To download a copy of Curve’s 2015/2016 Annual Review, please visit the link below: