Tantasic! Our Top Three Fake Tan’s & Tips
Desperately craving for some summer sun? Then I’m afraid you might have to wait a little longer as summer still seems a long way off. Not to fear though, if you want that instant summer glow without the price of a week’s holiday, check out our top three fake tins for that natural glow.
ST TROPEZ SELF TAN BRONZING MOUSSE (£30.50)
There is nothing worse than having streaky fake tan. So that’s why St Tropez is the best at giving you than perfect flawless tan straight from home. The smooth mousse is easy to blend out on the skin and gives you that sun kissed look without going abroad. Available in three shades (light medium and dark) it is customed to your preference.
HOW TO USE:
Apply one pump of mousse onto a St Tropez Applicator Mitt (£5.00) and apply to skin in circular motions making sure to blend out any harsh lines on skin. Repeat this motion all over the body.
GARNIER SUMMER BODY GRADUAL TANNING MOISTURISER (250ml – £5.49)
Throw out your moisturisers this summer as this product will be your new best friend. A moisturiser infused with self-tanning properties gives you a subtle and gradual glow that will leave you feeling bronzed and soft, what more could you ask for?
HOW TO USE:
Apply daily all over body like you would with a normal moisturiser.
L’OREAL SUBLINE BRONZE EXPRESS PRO SELF-TANNING DRY MIST
In a hurry? This tan in can gives you that flawless, smooth and streak free tan with zero effort. Simply spray on to the skin and leave to dry. With a wide spray nozzle for application, it gives a diffused effect on the skin leaving it beautifully bronzed, no blending or rubbing in needed.
HOW TO USE:
Simply shake can before use and spray onto skin in up-down motions
Here are our top five fake tan tips to avoid the dreaded streaking:
- 24 hours before tanning, exfoliate and shave body so when fake tan is applied it is a smooth application
- Moisturise knees, elbow, and ankles before applying fake tan as this is where It tends to stick and go patchy
- Before thinking about applying a new layer of fake tan, it is essential you wash/exfoliate the old tan off if you want a flawless second application
- After each fake tan application, immediately wash your applicator mitt as product can build up and cause an uneven and muddy looking tan on the next application
- Leave at least 12 hours for fake tan to fully develop > if you want a more natural effect, let tan develop and gently wash off first layer in the shower, following on to moisturising post shower to achieve that glowing hydrated look