It’s All About The Drums as DrumFest ‘17 Visits Birmingham
A 3-day music festival devoted entirely to drumming, will take place at Birmingham music store ‘PMT’ this coming weekend from Friday 15th to Sunday 17th September.
DRUMFEST ’17 is being hosted by PMT Birmingham, located at 136 Lawley Middleway, Birmingham, B4 7XX.
The event is organized by the world’s largest manufacturer of musical instruments, Yamaha’, who are visiting Birmingham for the West Midlands leg of the new touring drum festival aimed at anyone who already plays or is interested to learn to play drums.
DRUM FEST ’17 offers a do-not-miss opportunity to experience a 3-day weekend feast of live drumming entertainment and drum workshops, culminating on Sunday 17th September with the West Midlands Regional Final of #FUTUREBEAT – Yamaha’s groundbreaking and prestigious national drumming competition to discover and showcase the next generation of drummers aged 18 years and under.
Attractions on offer at DRUMFEST ’17 include:
- An afternoon Masterclass by Andrew Small (Kylie Minogue, Massive Attack, Moloko), one of the most respected drummers pioneering what is now commonly known as ‘Hybrid’ Drumming, bringing the worlds of electronic and acoustic drums together on live stages around the world.
- An exclusive 360º Virtual Reality Experience with the world’s greatest drummer, Steve Gadd.
- Daily Tech Sessions with experts from Yamaha Drums who will be on hand to cover a vast range of drumming and kit related topics from ‘Tuning Drums for Beginners’ to Hybrid and electronic drumming.
- Learn to play with a free 20-minute drum lesson.
With something to entertain, inspire or educate drummers of all ages and abilities, DRUMFEST ‘17 is a perfect opportunity to see and hear the full range of Yamaha Drums as everything will be on display at PMT, from entry level electronic drums to professional series Acoustic kits as seen on stages across the world.
Friday 15th September – Daytime activity 9.30 til 5.30 (FREE)
Saturday 16th September – Daytime activity 9.30 til 5.30 (FREE)
Sunday 17th September – Daytime activity from 11.00 (FREE)
– Andrew Small Masterclass – 1.00 PM (FREE)
– FutureBeat Regional Final – 5.00 PM (FREE)