Festival2Funky 2016 Full Line Up Includes P Money, Compozers & Rose Windross
2Funky Arts has announced the full line up for Festival2Funky 2016. Now in its 4th year, Festival2Funky will be a fantastic celebration of Black music and arts, running from 23-29 May 2016, based at 2Funky Music Café in Leicester’s West End. Seven days of unmissable bands, artists, DJ’s, comedians, masterclasses, workshops and B-Boys will include:
- Grime MC P Money, whose tracks have featured the likes of Chipmunk and Lethal Bizzle (29 May, 6pm).
- London-based instrumentalists The Compozers, who have worked with some of the biggest names on the UK urban/ Afro Beats scene (23 May, 8pm).
- Artist, speaker, writer and spoken word performer Suli Breaks,whose Youtube channel boasts over 12 million views, with fans including Will Smith (24 May, 8pm).
- Rose Windross– the distinctive voice that launched legendary UK act Soul II Soul (27 May, 11pm).
- Nadia Rose,one of the UK’s hottest emerging rappers, who will perform as part of an ILUVLIVE event (25 May, 8pm).
- Brazillian percussionist and composer Adriano Adewale,performing family-friendly world jazz (26 May, 6.30pm).
- Comedy from Quncy, Thanyia Moore, Chris Chrissaay andAnnette Fagon (27 May, 7pm).
Festival2Funky will encompass reggae, soul, drum ‘n’ bass, dub step, afrobeats, funk, R&B, grime, acoustic and Jazz, alongside urban comedy. A festival wristband, priced at a mere £5, will allow one person entry into the entire 7 day festival. A full schedule will soon be available on www.2funkyarts.co.uk.
23-29 May 2016, 2Funky Music Café, New Park St, Leicester
For updates on acts and gig times, visit: www.2funkyarts.co.uk.
Festival wristbands (£5) available on the door and via www.2funkytickets.co.uk.
Supported using public funding by Arts Council England. Also supported by Leicester City Council.