Top Retail Talent Celebrated At Intu Victoria Centre And Intu Broadmarsh’s Annual Awards
Last week (18th October 2018) marked the third annual intu Victoria Centre and intu Broadmarsh Nottingham Retailer Awards, recognising the best retailers from both shopping centres.
Held at Nottingham’s Revolucion de Cuba, and hosted by British television presenter and reality star, Jeff Brazier, the glittering evening saw retailers from both shopping centres come together to see the results of four weeks of voting by intu shoppers.
Taking place across all intu’s 14 UK centres each year, the awards feature 15 categories including, Women’s fashion retailer, Men’s fashion retailer, Children’s retailer, Health and beauty retailer and the highly coveted, Retailer of the year award.
Special praise went to John Lewis and Partners on the night after it was named intu Victoria Centre’s Retailer of the Year. The team also scooped the title of Best men’s fashion retailer and took first place for their world class customer service.
Other successful retailers included Topshop and The Disney Store, who were awarded Best women’s fashion and Best children’s retailer, respectively, for three years running.
Nigel Wheatley, general manager at intu Victoria Centre and intu Broadmarsh, said: “I’d like to thank all of the retailers for a memorable evening, and hats off to the winners. A special mention also goes to Gina Steed of Chilsholm Hunter, intu Victoria Centre, as she has scooped Manager of the Year for the second year in a row.”
“It’s great to see that retailers across both our centres are flourishing and the success of these awards is a true testament to the high calibre of retail talent we have. We’re currently at 99% occupancy with a range of truly fantastic retailers – there really is something for everyone at intu Victoria Centre and intu Broadmarsh.
“It’s a really exciting time for both centres with the upcoming completion of intu Victoria Centre’s Clocktower dining renovation project next month and major works due to start by the end of the year on intu Broadmarsh’s redevelopment project.
“Every year at these awards, it’s great to be able to celebrate all our retailers who work hard to deliver excellent customer service and help us provide our customers with an extra special shopping experience, every day.”
The complete list of Retailer Awards winners are as follows:
- Women’s fashion retailer: Topshop
- Men’s fashion retailer: John Lewis
- Children’s retailer: the Disney Store
- Health and beauty retailer: Boots Victoria Centre
- Footwear retailer : Office
- Gaming & technology retailer: Game
- Jewellery & accessory retailer: Accessorize
- Food & drink retailer: Nottingham Street Food Club
- Independent retailer: Nottingham Street Food Club
- Specialist retailer: Tiger
- World class customer service: John Lewis
- Manager of the year, intu Victoria Centre: Gina Steed, Chisholm Hunter (also won last year)
- Manager of the year, intu Broadmarsh: Dean Wheeler, Fopp
- Retailer of the year, intu Victoria Centre: John Lewis
Retailer of the year, intu Broadmarsh: Fopp