5 Classic Cocktails to Sip this Summer
With lock down restictions easing and the summer sun making an experience, enjoying a classic cocktail al fresco is going straight on our agenda.
It seems we’re not the only ones, Jacob Briars – Global Head of Advocacy at Bacardi has revealed the trends for the seasons and found a third of those surveyed (39%) will be spending more time socialising outdoors this summer than ever before.
This summer has also seen a surge in demand for classic and seasonal cocktails. Their data shows the Mojito and the Piña Colada (24%) take the joint top spot as the favourite summer cocktail for Brits, followed by the Gin Fizz (18%), Margarita (17%) and Cosmopolitan (11%). Why not try your hand at mixing up one of the classics with these recipes.
The classic summer cocktail with mint, sugar, lime and superior white rum.
- 50ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum
- 4 line wedges
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp extra fine sugar
- 25ml soda water/club soda
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Take the lime wedges and squeeze them in a glass. Gently press together the limes and sugar
- Bruise the mint leaves by clapping them between your palms, rub them on the rim of the glass and drop them in
- Next, half fill the glass with crushed ice, add the BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum and stir
Top with crushed ice, a sprig of mint and club soda
A timeless cocktail with only three ingredients that is sure to impress guests.
- 35ml Patrón Reposado tequila
- 15ml Patrón Citrónge Orange liqueur
- 20ml Lime juice
- Chill a coupe glass
- Garnish class with lime wedge and ½ salt rim
- Add all ingredients and ice to a shaker
- Shake and strain into glass
Grey Goose Cosmopolitan
The classic taste of GREY GOOSE ® joins a splash of Cointreau® in this delicious cocktail.
- 75ml GREY GOOSE Original or GREY GOOSE L’Orange
- 10ml Cointreau
- 10ml Cranberry juice
- Squeeze of lime
- Orange twist
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine the first four ingredients in the order listed.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist
Bombay Sapphire Gin & IT Fizz
Stir your creativity with star anise, lemon, orange, Martini, tonic and a generous splash of gin – our tall Gin & IT Fizz is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire – buy here
- 25ml Martini Riserva Speciale Rubino
- 100ml Premium Lemon tonic water
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 orange wedge
- 1 star anise
- Squeeze a lemon & orange wedge into a balloon glass then drop in.
- Add the Bombay Sapphire & MARTINI Rubino then swirl well to infuse.
- Fully fill the glass with cubed ice & top with Fever-Tree Tonic Water.
- Gently fold/stir to combine. Finally garnish with single star anise. Enjoy!
BACARDÍ Pina Colada
Dream of sunnier pastures with this creamy, coconut and pineapple delight.
- 50ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum
- 35ml fresh coconut water
- 25ml fresh pineapple juice
- 3-4 chunks fresh pineapple
- 2tsp caster sugar
- Place the pineapple chunks into a cocktail shaker and crush them lightly (using a muddler or bar spoon)
- Then pour in the pineapple juice and coconut water and stir it all up to dissolve the sugar before pouring in the BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake vigorously
- Next pour the mix into a tall glass over crushed ice
Garnish with a pineapple slice and leaf
Always drink responsibly
For the facts: Drinkaware.co.uk
*The research of 1,000 UK respondents aged 25 and over was conducted via Perspectus Global during July 2020.