Make Your Own Pumpkin Spice Latte
As the leaves turn brown and the Autumn air creeps in, nothing sounds more enjoyable than cosying up in a warm blankets, sipping on a cuppa and binging the latest box set.
Without even leaving the comfort of your own home, stir up a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte with Dualit’s take on this seasonal classic.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tsp All Spice (or 1tsp Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg and 5 Cloves)
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Dememera Sugar
- 250ml Cold Milk
- 1 x Espresso Shot
- To make the all-important Pumpkin Spice Mix, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and sugar (if required) into a pestle and mortar and grind until smooth and infused.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of this pumpkin spice mix to a tall, latte glass.
- Pour 250ml of cold milk into a milk frother, use a hand whisk or shake in a jar until double the volume
- Make an espresso shot.
- Pour the milk into the glass and stir in the spice. Allow to settle for one minute, before topping with your espresso shot.
- Sprinkle another pinch of the Pumpkin Spice Mix on the frothy latte top and enjoy the taste of autumn in a glass!
- An alternative method to make this latte is to gently infuse the spices in milk in a microwave or in a pan. Then simply follow steps 4 and 5, before frothing 100ml of milk. Spoon the froth on top of your latte and sprinkle with a pinch of the Pumpkin Spice Mix.
Image and recipe courtesy of Dualit