Sip Sip Hooray! Christmas Cocktail Recipes
It’s Christmaaaaaaaaas! There is no better time to indulge and treat yourself and with 2020 scaling back our festive party plans, in the comfort of our homes, we’ve got some cracking cocktail recipes for you to mix up.
- 50ml Snow Globe Gin
- 150ml Ginger Beer
- Orange Garnish
- Fill a copper mug with ice.
- Pour in the Snow Globe Gin and add a squeeze of orange.
- Fill the mug with ginger beer and garnish with orange & mint.
- Ice Cubes
- 30 ml Absolut Vodka
- 25 ml Cranberry Juice
- 25 ml Lime Juice
- 60 ml Ginger Ale
Add all ingredients to a glass filled with ice. Stir briefly. Garnish with 2 fresh cranberries and one rosemary sprig.
SPICED APPLE COCKTAIL
- 100ml fresh apple juice
- 50ml Dark rum
- Orange and lemon peel strips
- 1-star anise
- Cinnamon stick per 2 portions
- Run a slice of orange around the rim of the glass and in caster sugar + cinnamon, allow to dry.
- Warm all the ingredients together adding the rum at the last minute, serve with a twist of peel and a slice of apple.
- 1 or 2 lime wedges
- Maldon Salt
- 3 parts of grapefruit juice
- 3 parts of blood orange juice
- 1 part of vodka
- Frozen red currants, springs of Rosemary for garnish
- Run the lime wedge around your cocktail glasses and dip into the Maldon Salt.
- Combine all the parts in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into your prepared glasses.
- Garnish with the frozen berries and a spring of Rosemary.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- 565ml (1 pint) milk
- 200ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped out (or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste)
- half a whole nutmeg, grated (plus a little extra for serving)
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown eggs separated
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 130ml Cockspur fine rum
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the milk and cream in to a saucepan. Add the spices (including the empty vanilla pod) and place on a medium heat. Bring to a simmer (but not boiling) and allow to cool for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Meanwhile place the egg yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well until light and thickened. Strain the warm milk into a jug through a sieve. Pour the spiced milk into the bowl of egg yolks in a steady stream whisking well. Stir in the rum.
- You can either place the mixture in a cooled sterilised bottle with a tight fitting lid and allow the flavours to develop in the fridge. If you decide to do this you can freeze the egg whites in a sandwich bag until you’re ready to use. Then defrost them in the fridge before whisking.
- If you would like to serve straight away. Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and whisk the whites to soft peaks.
- Mix the demerara sugar and ground cinnamon on a plate. Have a small bowl of rum or water ready.
- Fold the egg whites in to the eggnog mix then pour into a serving jug. Dip the rims of serving glasses into the rum or water and then dip straight into the sugar and cinnamon mix. Divide the eggnog between glasses and finish with a grating of nutmeg.
Golden Ginger Martini
- 50ml Snow Globe Gin
- 25ml Vodka
- 15ml White Vermouth
- 1 strip of Orange zest
- Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, add cubed ice and shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a frozen Martini glass.
- Release the oils from the orange by pinching the skin and spraying over the glass.