Festival2Funky hosts Women In Music debate with high profile panellists
2Funky Arts presents.. Women In Music, A Debate & Industry Panel on Wednesday 23 May at 2Funky Music Café. This will be a public discussion on the challenges that women face while working in all aspects of the music industry, with networking opportunities for artists, DJ’s, producers and managers. Panellists come from a variety of backgrounds, but all have achieved great things as part of their music industry work. They include:
- Lady Sanity, who has received funding from PRSF’s ‘Women Make Music,’ won GRM Daily’s 2017 ‘Get Rated’ award, and featured at Glastonbury and on BBC 6 Music. The Birmingham rapper also performed at the Commonwealth Games 2018 closing ceremony in Australia, broadcast to millions worldwide.
- BBC 1Xtra tastemaker Jade Style, who has been instrumental in the on air development of the likes of Rampage, Robbo Ranx, Seani B & DJ Ace.
- Award winning international DJ Melody Kane; a brand ambassador who has worked alongside Nandos and Nike.
- Booking agent Tania Lee, who has managed Formation Records, 5HQ and Ebony Records. She has also established leading DJ management agency UMC.
- Carol Leeming (Chairwoman); who performs with Random Acts of Senseless Beauty & Cosmocular Ensemble, is Artistic Director for Dare to Diva and also a Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts.
There has been much focus in the media recently on negative experiences of women working in entertainment, as well as the need for honest dialogue and female empowerment. This debate will focus on shared experiences and challenges of women working in the music industry, as well as positive routes to success. Different gender and cultural perspectives will be embraced as part of this event.
As well as an opportunity to discuss issues that are relevant to women working in the music industry, there will be time for networking with our high profile, influential panel members.
Now in its fifth year, Festival2Funky will be an awesome celebration of Black music and arts, running from 21-27 May 2018. Seven days of unmissable artists, DJ’s, comedians, masterclasses, workshops and dancers will include a variety of high profile artists. The festival is managed by 2Funky Arts.